This Tutorial is meant to show you how to set up a COVID safe party listing that will have overlapping time availability with your table reservation listings. However, we will use resources to ensure that none of these listings ever become overbooked.
Scroll down for video tutorial
1. Create a new listing like you typically would for any other event. If you have never done so, check out the link below to see how to create a listing from scratch.
2. Change the title and pictures to reflect whatever event you are planning. In the overview, discuss any details that the customer may be wondering about the event. You may want to note that the pricing is by entire studio or 1/2 the studio. In the terms and conditions, you may also want to mention the refund policy if the studio is to be closed again due to COVID19.
3. To adjust the spots available for this listing we are going to hit the green edit bubble in the top right hand corner. For this listing I am going to set the spots available per time slot to 20, this will vary for each studio. If you typically can fit 40 people in your studio you may choose to reduce the max occupancy. In this example I cut the total occupancy in half. Once you have adjusted the spots available click save.
4. To adjust the pricing for this listing we will navigate back to the edit bubble in the top right hand corner. Once we are in the Pricing, Availabilities & Extras > General, we will select the custom pricing model. See the screenshot below to see what that should look like. In my example studio, there are 4 tables available for booking, each table that typically sits 10 people, will now only sit 5 (Due to COVID). However, for my pricing model I will be pricing by half the studio (2 tables) or the Full studio (4 tables). Depending on how many tables (spots) you have available, you may need to adjust these numbers. Once you have adjusted your pricing, click save.
5. To adjust the availability for this listing we will navigate back to the edit bubble in the top right hand corner. Once we are in the Pricing, Availabilities & Extras > General, scroll down and edit the availability. This is where you will choose all of the possible times that people can book their in studio parties. Adjust the availability accordingly and click save. See the screenshots below for what my event looks like.
Recurring Event: Daily 1:00-7:00pm 2 hours each party
6. Once the availability is set, you will want to navigate to the Extras tab to select any questions that you feel are necessary to ask your customers. If you do not know how to create booking questions, reference the link below. See the picture below to see what questions I chose to ask. Once you are finished adding the questions, click save.
7. Now that we have set up our Pricing, Availabilities & Extras, we are going to add a "Table" resource to our listings. The "table" resource will help prevent overbooking if we choose to create a second event that will occupy the same space as the current event that we are creating. In this case, we are creating the resource and adding it to our party listing and our table reservation listing and so we don't overbook the two events.
a. If you havent created the resource yet, follow these instructions: To create the resource click the resource edit bubble > All Resources > Create New Resource. Name the resource "Table", input the number of table you have available in studio and how many people can sit at each resource. Notice that the Maximum # in Inventory multiplied by the People Per Resource equals the total spots that can be booked (20 people). See what I did below. Once these are adjusted accordingly, click save.
b. Return to the This Listing tab and click link a Resource > select "Table" resource. Next, check the box to hide the resource and then click save. See screenshot below. Once you do this the resource will be added to the listing. Add this resource to other listings to prevent over bookings.
8. The final step for creating this listing is to include a disclaimer in the Welcome Message. This disclaimer will state that with the purchase the customer is agreeing that the studio is not liable for any COVID19 related illness that may be spread. To add this message go to Manage > Listings > Welcome Message. Type out your message and click save. Once the Welcome message has been added you can publish the listing by clicking the publish button. See picture below.
9. Once you have done everything in the previous steps, you are ready to embed your listing. Reference the link below to see how to embed to your website.
Disclaimer: Obviously no event is 100% COVID19 safe. However, we believe that the steps above provide the safest option for hosting in studio party events.